CLIA Waived Labs
The Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA) Waived tests include a battery of clinical tests cleared by the FDA for home use. Generally, CLIA Waived tests are simple enough and expose very low risks of erroneous results and serious health con sequences to the client. To decrease the risk of erroneous results, the test needs to be performed correctly, by trained personnel and in an environment where good laboratory practices are followed. Please call our office to find out which CLIA Waived tests are available through MEIGER Health. The list of approved CLIA Waived tests includes:
- Dipstick or Tablet reagent urinalysis for the following:
Bilirubin, Glucose, Hemoglobin, Ketone, Leukocytes, Nitrite, pH, Protein, among others.
- Fecal occult blood
- FSH and TSH
- Urine pregnancy tests – visual color comparison tests
- Hemoglobin and Hematocrit
- Blood glucose by glucose monitoring devices cleared by the FDA specifically for home use
- Toxicology tests (Cannabis, barbiturates, amphetamine, cocaine, opiates, etc.)
- Influenza A/B
- Trichomonas vaginalis
Want to find out more? Call now!